PROJECT CONTENT – Building a platform for the home services eCommerce marketplace that brings ease, transparency, and control to millennial users. A product that is easy to access and use, responsive to multiple devices, and connects millennial homeowners/renters with local home service professionals by offering a unique value proposition that provides exclusive opportunities from those currently on the market.
PROBLEM STATEMENT – An active and environmentally conscious millennial homeowner/renter who lacks time requires an intelligent platform that connects him/her with multiple eco-friendly, efficient, and reliable home service providers who allow him/her to keep a better balance between work and life.
TEAM – Rodriogo F. / Jamal A. / Melissa V. / Carly W.
MY ROLE – Lead Product Designer.
COMPANY – Flatiron Bootcamp.
TIMELINE – Nov 2019 – Dec 2019
Competitive Analysis – Opportunity Gaps:
- Lack of transparency both for the consumer as well as for the contracted professional.
- Currently, the user is able to rate a professional, but reverse rating isn’t enacted on any of these platforms as of yet.
- Contractors lack trust with some of these sites because they are charged a fee for leads.
- Not all professionals are checked, screened, and licensed.
- The Global Home Services Market is expected to reach $1,133.40 billion USD by 2026 with a growth of 18.91%.
- The target audience for the online, on-demand home services industry is between the ages of 20 – 40. Millennials are turning to brands that can offer maximum convenience at the lowest cost.
- The main domain industry uses responsive web design, which leads to optimum user traffic and increases brand awareness.
User survey & interview:
- Millennials do care about the supplies being used during the cleaning services.
- Millennials prefer non-toxic, organic, and eco-friendly materials.
- They do acknowledge that homemade cleaning products can cut down expenses on home cleaning products.
USER JOURNEY MAP & USER FLOW
INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE/SITE MAP
Divergent Thinking – Mind Mapping / Six Thinking Hats Methods
Convergent Thinking – Affinity Diagram / Priority Matrix Methods
USABILITY TESTING HERE
ITERATIONS & SOLUTIONS