PROJECT CONTEXT– Best Fragrance is a successful essential oil brand (fictitious) that offers private custom formulation guaranteeing maximum quality, purity, best price, and clear aroma quality services. The company needs a digital platform to expand its online business, share its unique value proposition, and enter the e-Commerce marketplace.
PROBLEM STATEMENT– Users lack knowledge and expertise in preparing products based on natural oil-based fragrances. They need a platform that would generate products and information according to their preferences. At the same time, they aim to increase the experience with natural oil-based fragrances so that they can maintain a healthy life.
MY ROLE – Product Designer
COMPANY – Bast Fragrance
TIMELINE – Jan 2018 – Oct 2019
APPROACH – No matter why people have an interest in aromatherapy or oil-based fragrance, as a product designer I understood that it can be beneficial for me to learn some facts about plants and how they can be used in improving users’ mood and experience while incorporating them into products. Acknowledging that the product becomes meaningful and efficient when it meets the problem-solution-fit definition, which is the key element in the user experience of a product..
Key Learnings from domain research:
- Essential oils have been used for nearly 6,000 years, with the aim of improving a person’s health or mood.
- Natural Fragrance Market size is projected to reach USD 4.3 million by 2024.
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in countries such as China, Japan, Brazil, and Argentina will increase the demand for various end-use products such as fine fragrances, personal care & cosmetics, and household care. This factor is estimated to drive the natural fragrance market.
Highlights: There is plenty of room to grow and expand for emerging and existing oil-based natural product companies
- To provide special offers for members
- To provide customized products with step-by-step instructions
- To provide products for both male and female users
After confidently defining the problem statement and evaluating the decent solution for the product I’ve crafted low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes, arranged usability testing on mid-fidelity wireframes, and iterated upon high-fidelity wireframes to showcase the final results to stakeholders.
INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE/SITE MAP