Lead Product Designer
General Motors, 2021 – Present
Responsible for supporting all of CCMS (Connected Consumer Mobility SolutionsI), including a range of web/mobile products (MyBrand – MyChevy | MyGMC | MyCadillac | MyBuick | OnStar | Infotainment dashboard etc.), while providing new design work for the development team on high profile projects within the organization | $122.5 B + annual revenue.
- Participate as a member of a CX Design Group and Enterprise teams; collaborate with UX peers and cross-functional teammates from product, insights & analytics, engineering, customer service, marketing, and QA in order to implement over 300+ improvements
- Deliver world-class customer experience at every touchpoint by transforming customer experiences throughout GM’s digital interfaces, which requires having a 360-degree view of GM customers
- Deliver designs that promote our service-wide User Experience Strategy, and utilize GM UX Design System in order to drive coherence and continuity
- Proactively seek out ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work
- Work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to world class high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth
- Distill complicated problems into simple and elegant design solutions, accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- Research and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind the seeding decisions and be able to communicate those ideas to the engineers
- Find the balance between creating rules and breaking rules – establish governance, communication, and contribution processes that support designers and developers across teams using the systems so they understand it and are empowered to push it further
- Drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules as needed
Lead Product Designer,
Cigna, 2019 – 2021
Responsible for directing strategic plan for clients – Cigna Pharmacy IT | Evernorth with various visual needs including user interface, interactive design solutions, UX/UI deliverables, brand identities, B2B, and B2C experiences of enterprise software products.
- Recognized by client executives as source of candid and sound advice. Adept at translating business problems into tech solutions for projects with more than 12M subs
- Supported client-first mindset by integrating library methodologies to drive efficiency with focus on the product ecosystem and how it can facilitate rapidly evolving business and consumer needs at regional, national, and global levels
- Communicated possible solutions and ideas effectively with clear design chops, using data, and iterative design that transformed knowledge of the users into compelling product features and services of 5 Enterprise Products | $80M + annual revenue
- Planned multiple project initiatives and contributed to the vision of the enterprise technology teams managing time and workload collaboratively with product, engineering, operations, and QA
- Led hands-on product design work – producing research-based user experience briefs, user flows, detailed wireframe and specs, and user studies to design holistic and scalable solutions, components, patterns, interactions, and design systems for both Compass & Ascent ARTs
- Worked with 20+ developers and engineers across 7 different teams to ensure deliverables are consistent with design languages and systems from concept to execution
- Shaped the user-centered products by solving clients’ problems and tapping into customers’ passion for data analytics, network modeling, benefit planning, and financial reimbursements
- Extracted MVP from major strategic initiatives and built associated roadmaps while juggling multiple projects and priorities and balancing both tactical and strategic goals and initiatives
- Established and promoted anti-fragile environment, UX design guidelines, best practices and standards through the implementation and maintenance of UI design systems, workshops etc.
- Functioned as an industry expert by pursuing professional development opportunities and conducting comprehensive research on consumer feedback & cutting-edge technical improvements
Sr. UX Designer, e-Learning Products
Pioneer Academy, 2017 – 20 19
Partnered with institution to create a complete new brand aesthetic, new website, and design-focused courses. Relied heavily on strategic design thinking to generate user-focused solutions that achieved functionality goals for both users and clients. Liaised with key stakeholders to define requirements and modify current processes to meet business needs.
- Overhauled visual identity and generated new visual collateral including the organization website, logo, and cohesive print deliverables.
- Developed original and customized design solutions by carefully analyzing user needs, competing educational services, design constraints, and business goals.
- Significantly improved the usability and functionality of the website which resulted in elevation of conversion rates from new to engaged users.
- Influenced future roadmaps and shaped current features in close collaboration with service and engineering teams.
Creative Art Director
Contour Media LLC., 2011 – 2017
Elevated a client base of consumers with various visual needs including interactive design solutions, brand identities, custom artwork, and media across both print and digital platforms.
- Defined internal planning methodologies and approach guidelines; facilitated adoption across multiple project teams.
- Created digital and print collateral using a variety of applications.
- Worked with Design Managers to define priorities and scope for new domains and services.
- Ensured design reflects the brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards.
- Mentored and collaborated with partner teams across startups about product design, tools, guidelines, and influencing related product road-maps as the service is integrated across touch-points.
What I am best at
Wireframing 0 %
UI prototyping 0 %
A/B Testing 0 %
Iterating 0 %
Storyboarding 0 %
Branding 0 %
Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy
MIT Sloan Executive Education, Online
Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp Course
The App Brewery, London, Greater London
Master of Arts in Creative Business Leadership, Ongoing
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Science in ECE Leadership
Rasmussen College, Ocala, FL
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting
The State College of Arts, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan